Acunetix is offering 10,000 free network security scans with Acunetix Online Vulnerability Scanner in a bid to make it easier for businesses to take control of their network security.
Acunetix Online Vulnerability Scanner is a hosted security scanner that will scan a perimeter server for network level vulnerabilities and provide detailed reports so as to allow the security administrator to fix the vulnerabilities before a hacker finds them.
All the network scanning capabilities available in Acunetix OVS will be available for free for fourteen days, allowing users to audit their internet (and hacker) facing servers.
The free network scan feature allows companies to:
- Scan their servers for over 35,000 network vulnerabilities
- Audit their internet facing servers and identify system and network weaknesses
- Ensure that servers are not running any illegitimate services, such as Trojans, or services that are installed unintentionally
- Identify any vulnerable versions of applications running on the servers
- Discover the information that the systems are leaking using various techniques such as OS fingerprinting, port banner grabbing and service probing
- Get additional information about other vulnerabilities and network problems detected.
To make use of this offer, companies must sign up using a valid company email address. Once their scan target has been verified they can then make use of the scanning features mentioned above.