Linksys unveiled its first 4×4 Wireless AC router aimed at households with multiple internet users as well as single users who use the internet for high bandwidth applications such as gaming or video streaming.
The new Linksys AC2400 Dual Band Wi-Fi Router (E8350) is equipped with 4 external antennae and provides wireless network speeds up to 2.4 Gbps. The new powerhouse provides the best technical specifications available today and is therefore ideal for consumers that require increased wireless performance and range at home.
The AC2400 features include:
- Concurrent dual-band wireless operation (600 + 1733 Mbps)
- 4 Removable and adjustable antennas
- 4-Port Gigabit Switch/1-Gigabit WAN Port
- USB 3.0 / 2.0 / eSATA Ports
- MU-MIMO Ready – which will provide simultaneous streaming and gaming on multiple devices without speed degradation when technology is available
- Integrated DHCP server with dynamic and static IP address assignment
- PPTP, IPSec and L2TP Pass through
- Storage features for external USB hard disk and flash drives (supports FAT, FAT32, NTFS, and HFS+)
- UPnP IGD and media server
- Supports DLNA for home media management
- Virtual USB support
- Wall Mountable.