Open source NAC solution PacketFence 4.5.0 released
PacketFence is a free and open source Network Access Control (NAC) solution. It can be used to effectively secure small to very large heterogeneous networks.
Among the features provided by PacketFence, there are:
- BYOD workflows
- Simple guests management
- Multiple enforcement methods including Role-Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Compliance checks for endpoints present on your network
- Integration with various vulnerability scanners, intrusion detection solutions and firewalls bandwidth accounting for all devices.
PacketFence is an unobtrusive solution that works with equipment from many vendors (wired or wireless) such as 3Com, AeroHIVE, Allied Telesis, Aruba, BelAir/Ericsson, Brocade, Cisco, Dell/Force10, Enterasys, ExtremeNetworks, Extricom, Hewlett-Packard/H3C, Intel, Juniper Networks/Trapeze, LG-Ericsson US, Meru Networks, Motorola, Netgear, Nortel/Avaya, Ruckus and Xirrus.
New features in 4.5.0:
- Added provisioning support for Symantec SEPM, MobileIron and OPSWAT
- Added Barracuda firewall support for single sign-on
- pfmon can now run tasks on different intervals
- Added a way to reevaluate the access of a node from the admin interface
- Added a “Blackhole” authentication source
- Added a new violation to enforce provisioning of agents
- Violation can now be delayed
- Added portal profile filter based on switch-port couple.