FireMon announced at RSA Conference 2015 significant advancement of its core platform through the introduction of Security Manager 8.0, which leverages highly automated analysis and monitoring of security infrastructure to identify and resolve emerging gaps in network defense.
The introduction of Security Manager 8.0 closely follows FireMon’s recent acquisition of security analytics provider Immediate Insight, bringing advanced data analysis and discovery capabilities to the FireMon Security Intelligence Platform.
With the ability to blend machine learning, correlation, and natural language in a simple, workflow-centric interface to unearth strategic network security operations and management trends, the addition of Immediate Insight’s capabilities to Security Manager 8.0 and its integrated modules further empowers organizations to mitigate critical network risks.
Built around a new horizontal data architecture and analytics-based dashboard interface, Security Manager 8.0 allows organizations to rapidly isolate and address problematic network access policies that create open paths to critical assets.
By providing security teams with direct visibility into those device configurations that represent their most significant points of risk, along with context-aware network security policy mapping and search, the solution enables faster response to changing business demands with increased control over resulting access.
Among the new advancements introduced in Security Manager 8.0 are capabilities including:
- Advanced User Interface: automatically generating real-time, automated visibility into key performance indicators (KPIs) of network security policy effectiveness, complexity and change via a clear single-pane, Web-based management dashboard.
- Contextual search: pervasive search via the new Security Intelligence Query Language (SiQL) and dashboard Omni Search features, offering “Google-like” ability to discover and navigate firewall policy data – from management-level KPIs down to individual rules.
- Horizontal architecture: highly distributed, horizontal analysis, normalization and reporting of network security device policies, configurations and rules for even faster, more scalable assessment and monitoring of complex, real-world environments.
- Extensive flexibility: expanded support for next-generation firewall (NGFW) devices – including reverse applications engineering, along with new SDK device integration capabilities, platform-wide IPv6 support and application clustering for optimized system performance.
- Enhanced features: numerous feature updates including enhanced Traffic Flow Analysis (TFA), Access Path Analysis (APA) and Network Map Visualization (NMV), along with dedicated assessment and reporting for the PCI DSS 3.0 industry standard.