At Infosecurity Europe 2015, ManageEngine announced the Enterprise Edition of Password Manager Pro, its privileged access management software. Designed for large enterprises, the new edition combines enterprise-class scalability, security, performance and affordability, facilitating highly secure and easy management of shared sensitive information such as passwords, documents and digital identities.
Privileged accounts, which offer unlimited access privileges, are omnipresent and all pervasive in organizations of all sizes. While the number and mix of privileged accounts in IT enterprises keep growing constantly, cybercriminals are increasingly targeting login credentials of employees and privileged accounts to gain access to IT assets. Identity theft often lies at the root of modern cyberattacks. To effectively combat those attacks, IT enterprises require a reliable and scalable solution that can automate the entire life cycle of privileged password management with a policy-driven approach.
Password Manager Pro Enterprise Edition automatically discovers IT assets, enumerates privileged accounts and randomizes the passwords periodically, helping enterprises to quickly secure all their privileged identities. The advanced integration capabilities enable easy, hassle-free integration with enterprise IT infrastructure, including identity stores, ticketing systems, SIEM solutions and any third-party application.
With its enterprise-class architecture, the new edition helps manage hundreds of thousands of privileged accounts, tens of thousands of users and hundreds of resource groups — all while delivering performance that is 10 times faster than previous Password Manager Pro editions.
Other new features include:
- Auto Discovery: Discovers flavors of Windows, Linux, VMware and network devices along with the privileged accounts associated with them.
- Advanced Integration: Integrates with ticketing systems to automatically validate service requests related to privileged access. Out-of-the-box integration with ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus, ServiceNow and Zendesk.
- Privileged Session Recording – Dual Controls: Video records, archives and plays back privileged sessions for forensic audits. Another administrator can monitor sessions in parallel and terminate suspicious ones.
- Out-of-the-Box Compliance Reports: Generates audit-ready compliance reports for NERC CIP and other industry regulations, including PCI DSS and ISO/IEC-27001. Generates custom reports to meet specific requirements.
- SQL Server Cluster as Backend Database: Supports use of MS SQL Server or cluster as backend database and configures Password Manager Pro to run in FIPS 140-2 compliant mode.
Additional features that have been reinforced:
- Jump server configuration
- Remote access
- Real-time alerts and SIEM integration
- Federated identity management
- APIs for integration, application-to-application password management
- High availability architecture
- Data segregation for service providers.
Password Manager Pro Enterprise Edition (v8.0) is available immediately. In addition to a fully functional, free, 30-day evaluation edition, Password Manager Pro is available as a Free Edition, Standard Edition and Premium Edition.
Standard Edition prices start at $495 per year for two administrators. Premium Edition prices start at $1,195 per year for five administrators. Enterprise Edition prices start at $2,995 per year for 10 administrators (no restrictions on the number of end users and managed passwords).