Trend Micro announced the expansion of its Cloud App Security at the RSA Conference.
Cloud App Security enhances cloud file sharing and collaboration services and Microsoft Office 365 with advanced threat protection and compliance controls, using standard published vendors’ APIs. Since it started operating last July, it has protected Office 365 users from 500,000 malicious files and URLs.
The solution now enforces compliance and keeps malware out of cloud services on Box, Dropbox, and Google Drive. Cloud App Security integrates with Trend Micro Control Manager to provide user-centric visibility of compliance and threat events across multiple security layers.
Organizations adopting cloud services want to know where sensitive data is located and enforce whether it can be shared. Security conscious organizations also realize that their breach detection system may be missing traffic between off-network devices and cloud services. Without the proper controls in place, sensitive content can be inadvertently shared and cybercriminals can use content services to enter or migrate through an organization.
Cloud App Security capabilities include:
- Guards against advanced threats with sandbox malware analysis
- Uses DLP to provide visibility into sensitive data use with cloud file sharing
- Detects malware hidden in office files using document exploit detection
- Supports all user functionality and devices with simple API integration in the cloud
- Integrates with Trend Micro Control Manager for central visibility of threat and DLP events across hybrid Exchange environments as well as endpoint, web, mobile, and server security layers.
- Cloud App Security has been integrated with a number of leading marketplaces and cloud commerce platforms to give partners and customers a complete end-to-end purchasing and provision experience.