New SaltStack Enterprise 5.5 release delivers IT automation for hybrid infrastructure operations
SaltStack released SaltStack Enterprise 5.5 with new features to provide control of hybrid IT environments at scale. SaltStack Enterprise software reduces the burden of system maintenance while giving IT teams the ability to focus on initiatives like data security and digital business innovation.
Alex Peay, SaltStack VP of product, said, “Humans alone can’t keep up with the rate of change and growing complexity inherent to today’s digital business infrastructure. Effective IT operations at scale requires automation, but not all automation is created equal. SaltStack intelligent IT automation takes a unique, event-driven approach to controlling, optimizing, and securing modern infrastructure. The SaltStack Enterprise 5.5 release gives IT teams the ability to collaborate effectively while distributing workloads appropriately.”
SaltStack provides solutions for IT operations teams by automating tasks such as:
- System deployment and provisioning.
- Ongoing maintenance of configuration drift.
- Packaged jobs for night operations and service desk technicians.
- Hybrid cloud control and optimization.
SaltStack Enterprise 5.5 includes new features built to make every member of the IT operations team efficient:
- Job center: Insight and control into SaltStack job—scheduled, in progress, or completed.
- Job scheduler: Orchestrate SaltStack jobs to run through an action-oriented interface. Define and schedule jobs. Spend less time babysitting ad-hoc tasks and more time on initiatives like reliability and security.
- Agentless Windows control: The agentless systems management product now controls Windows too. Use SaltStack with an agent, without an agent, or both.
- Much more: A simplified installer; Redis integration; API enhancements; Increased performance and stability.