Zyxel Communications, a leading provider of secure broadband networking, Internet access and connected home products, announced several performance and feature enhancements to Zyxel SD-WAN.
Zyxel SD-WAN allows SMBs to leverage the power of the cloud with a centrally-managed solution that increases performance, lowers costs and is more agile when compared to MPLS networks.
Zyxel SD-WAN provides a reliable and secure WAN through an annual software license that runs on ZyWALL VPN50, VPN100 and VPN300 firewalls. The license pack includes the Orchestrator Management interface, Dynamic Path Selection (DPS), WAN optimization, auto VPN, and zero-touch provisioning, as well as three security services: content filtering, application control and Geo Enforcer.
New benefits of Zyxel SD-WAN
- Unprecedented data speeds: SD-WAN fuses multiple WAN links together to transform the network into a high-capacity, fault-tolerant data expressway. Fine-tuning of features including TCP acceleration, latency migration, packet loss mitigation, and WAN aggregation have provided a 20-fold increase in data transfer speeds over a non-optimized connection.
- Time-saving design: Auto VPN utilizes the native VPN client of the operating system to provide secure, installation-free connectivity. SD-WAN’s self-service feature set, which includes ping, traceroute, USB modem reset, and packet capture eliminates the need to have IT administrators at multiple sites.
- State-of-the-art security: Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) provides enterprise-level encryption and authentication to protect sensitive data from network threats in sectors such as finance and government.
Zyxel SD-WAN is available in one-year licensing bundles with ZyWALL VPN firewalls. Street prices for the hardware and licenses are as follows:
- VPN50 (up to 50 users) – $350 for hardware, $149 for SD-WAN
- VPN100 (up to 100 users) – $475 for hardware, $249 for SD-WAN
- VPN300 (up to 300 users) – $900 for hardware, $349 for SD-WAN.
“According to an industry study, 80 percent of companies will establish new branches by 2025,” explained Tri Nguyen, Market Development and Product Manager at Zyxel. “As these companies rely upon the Cloud for the transmission of critical data between branches, performance and security will become more important than ever. Zyxel SD-WAN is a cost-effective, high-performance solution that delivers the reliability and security that SMBs need to maximize productivity and profitability in an increasingly distributed world.”