RF Code, the leading provider of critical asset tracking and protection solutions for data centers, announces its newest product, RF Code for Edge, a complete solution for edge data centers, featuring real-time visibility and analytics for these vital facilities.
RF Code’s edge data center offering addresses the needs of the growing edge data center market, which is driven by cloud applications, the Internet of Things (IoT), and the need to reduce latency and speed delivery of services and data, providing value beyond hub data centers and into edge deployments, retail locations, server closets and more.
“The optimal digital space of the future, be it a store, a hospital, an airport, a campus, or any other place that we work, play, or live requires a next-generation edge IT infrastructure,” said Richard Villars, vice president, Datacenter and Cloud, IDC.
“The deployment and ongoing maintenance of all edge IT assets must be centrally controlled and automated, so organizations can manage fleets of tens, hundreds, or even thousands of IT assets in locations around the country or the globe.”
RF Code for Edge provides real-time insight, and control over operational risks, costs, and compliance, with advanced security features – including live video which monitors security breaches and also has the ability to record events to prevent issues from reoccurring.
All of these features provide the edge data center operator peace of mind without reliance on the network and power.
RF Code for Edge Features Include:
- Real-time camera monitoring to prevent security breaches and to record video and correlate recordings to events or alerts after the fact, enhancing problem determination and ensuring improving time-to-recovery.
- Continuous granular visibility into environmental conditions of unmanned and lights-out locations, with temperature and humidity monitoring.
- Real-time, automated asset tracking and protection.
- Voltage/AC power sensors to determine whether the AC power going into equipment has been interrupted.
- Power consumption and trend monitoring of PDU units.
- Advanced reporting in these highly distributed and difficult to monitor facilities.
RF Code’s easy-to-use solution, accurate to the rack level and operating 24/7, provides reporting and accountability for compliance with regulations and service level agreements (SLA) – to provide visibility into what is happening in these vital facilities.
“Edge Manager is a vital tool for owners and operators of edge facilities,” said Dale Quayle, CEO of RF Code.
“If you’ve got data on the edge, as more and more organizations do in this rapidly growing market, you need the peace of mind a comprehensive edge management strategy, and a tool like Edge Manager, can bring to these highly distributed and difficult to monitor facilities.”