Innovium, a leading provider of networking switch solutions for cloud, enterprise and edge data centers, announced TERALYNX 5, a new Ethernet switch silicon family for applications ranging from 1.2 to 6.4Tbps.
TERALYNX 5 features unprecedented capabilities for ToR, enterprise, edge, and 5G applications with up to 128x NRZ/PAM4 SERDES, 10GbE to 400GbE ports, the largest on-chip buffers, powerful analytics, and industry-best performance per $ and performance per watt.
Data center architectures are being increasingly adopted across cloud, enterprise and edge infrastructure. TERALYNX 5 builds upon the patented, production-proven Innovium’s flagship 12.8Tbps TERALYNX 7 products to fuel this industry trend.
The fully-compatible TERALYNX families are the industry’s first and only product lines that scale a single architecture from the server ToR to the data-center core with a consistent feature-set and PAM4 connectivity. TERALYNX switches have been selected and are being deployed by market-leading OEM and Cloud providers for Hyperscale, Enterprise and Edge applications.
Continuing growth of compute and data-intensive applications at the network edge is driving the need for major increases in bandwidth all the way down to the server. Ethernet NIC and accelerator vendors have responded and are delivering multi-100G interfaces with PCI Express Gen 4 and PAM4 support.
Existing switch silicon offerings have struggled to keep pace with this trend in a cost and power-efficient manner while delivering the necessary features and connectivity.
With TERALYNX 5, Innovium supports 10G to 400G Ethernet connections all the way to the server, enabling seamless insertion into existing networks and future-proofing platforms to support high performance PAM4 connectivity.
The new products also support FLASHLIGHT v2, an enhanced version of Innovium’s unique telemetry with the ability to pinpoint any delays, drops, or network congestion and correlate to the application level, all in hardware with zero performance impact.
“The Innovium team has amassed a breakthrough, innovative IP portfolio, designed from the ground up, enabling us to deliver a programmable, low-latency 12.8T switch in production a full technology node earlier,” said Rajiv Khemani, CEO and Co-Founder of Innovium Inc.
“We are delighted to further optimize these technologies for ToR and edge applications with TERALYNX 5, allowing a single consistent architecture to power data center switching applications from top to bottom with unmatched performance and value.”
TERALYNX 5 family highlights
- Wide range of pin-compatible SKU options: 1.2Tbps, 2.4Tbps, 3.2Tbps, 4.8Tbps, 6.4Tbps
- Up to 128 SERDES PAM4 or NRZ SERDES enabling port speeds from 10Gbps to 400Gbps
- Largest on-chip buffer for switch in this class (45MB+)
- Leading L2, L3 table sizes and ACL’s
- Robust RoCE and PFC support for lowest latency and rich QoS necessary for distributed storage and AI applications
- IEEE 1588 v2 timing synchronization required in 5G and other data center infrastructure
- FLASHLIGHT v2 line-rate HW analytics with unprecedented microburst detection features and application correlation
- Up to 2x performance per $ and performance per watt vs. alternatives
- SW programmability for support of new protocols, achieved without impact to throughput or latency suffered by alternatives
- Fully SW and architecture compatibility with TERALYNX 7, scaling solutions to 12.8Tbps
Proven software and extensive solution ecosystem
The TERALYNX 5 is supported by a modern, production proven SDK designed from the ground up and fully compatible with the TERALYNX 7 family. TERALYNX switch products are supported by a range of OEM, 3rd party, proprietary, and open source network operating systems including the popular SONiC/SAI.
A range of platform solutions are available via OEM solution partners as well as many top ODM white box vendors enabling rapid time-to-market. Additionally, Innovium has partnered with the leading optics, DAC, ACC, SERDES, and test equipment partners to pre-validate interoperability.