Fyde, the new standard for zero trust secure access, announced that the award-winning Fyde app is now available to all desktop users. Mac, PC, and Linux desktops can now take advantage of the expedited remediation capabilities, full visibility, and advanced management capabilities already available for mobile devices.
In addition, Fyde now offers seamless secure access to resources on Kubernetes clusters.
Secure access is a challenge for many enterprises. Existing solutions like VPNs, and even two-factor authentication, do not address the performance, privacy, and security concerns that hinder adoption and compliance.
Fyde is challenging the conventional wisdom about secure access. Enterprises have struggled with ineffective VPNs, convoluted 3rd party access, complex security setups and employee pushback.
Fyde simplifies and strengthens secure access, solving three major issues:
- Latency, complexity and security concerns associated with VPNs
- Streamlined and locked down 3rd party access
- Compliance demands for a system of record to track access to SaaS and internal apps
“Fyde’s mission is to enable people to get work done anywhere on the planet, without sacrificing security, privacy or speed,” said Sinan Eren, CEO, Fyde. “Now, enterprises can empower users and protect their corporate IP with Zero Trust on any device.”
Fyde admins and end-users get a host of new capabilities to make Fyde an even more powerful tool for secure access.
For employees and contractors:
- Receive desktop notifications on all forms of policy violations
- See updated Activity list: full log of blocked domains/IPs and security notifications
- See full device posture
- Get automated remediation steps and reauthentication flows. All the information needed, in a desktop pop-up
- Access resources on private Kubernetes networks without cloud-specific VPNs or homegrown tools
- Support multiple policies on a single resource
- New policy controls (Disk encryption, Firewall, OS version, Fyde version, Jailbreak, Screen-lock and Reauthentication timer)
- Simplify adding and removing freelancers and other temporary workers for secure access to resources
- Increase granularity: create policies for specific individuals, not just by groups
- Authenticate identity providers – Open ID connect support
- Implement DNS over HTTPS or DNS over TLS for last-mile security
- Open source fyde-cli cmd/batch client for Enterprise workflow enhancement