Netgear announced the availability of Insight Managed WiFi 6 AX1800 Access Points, WAX610 and WAX610Y (outdoor), for an optimal WiFi experience in every business environment. This new WAX610 family brings next generation WiFi 6 (802.11ax) performance to SMBs delivering up to 70% faster speed to each individual device than previous generation WiFi 5 (802.11ac)1.
With the increased capacity for more simultaneous device connections, the WAX610 with WiFi 6 provides the flexibility of both a robust and secure WiFi solution for small and medium businesses to serve the networking demands of today without the high-cost of IT overhead and with an industry-leading lowest total cost of ownership.
WAX610 is ideal in moderate to high density client device environments such as offices, schools, hotels, restaurants, hospitals and medical centers, providing an enterprise-grade WiFi network security with WPA3. With Insight Remote Cloud Management, WAX610 is the perfect choice for managed service providers and integrators who must offer their customers the latest feature rich WLAN technology with little overhead and minimum IT cost. The WAX610 works seamlessly with Netgear Insight managed switches, routers and network storage, and is also compatible with previous generation WiFi client devices and Access Points (WiFi 5 (802.11ac) or WiFi 4 (802.11n)).
WAX610Y is the best complement to WAX610 for use in outdoor settings. Netgear WAX610Y is designed to provide advanced WiFi connectivity in harsh environments including prolonged exposure to sunlight, cold, frost, snow, rainfall, hail and humidity. The WAX610Y is rated IP55 which supports continued operation in adverse weather conditions with temperatures that range from -20C to 60C and is ideally suited for construction sites, loading docks, school yards and restaurants with outside dining.
“While the WiFi industry has made progress in recent years in increasing speeds by leaps and bounds, small businesses still face challenges in managing connectivity with increased traffic and users. Capacity continues to be a challenge, namely, supporting multiple concurrent users for small businesses, and Netgear is here to help solve the unique business cases that SMBs face,” said Richard Jonker, vice president of SMB product line management for Netgear. “This requirement is particularly acute for SMBs where very high throughput to each individual device may not be paramount.”
“Wireless access points should be providing different levels of network connectivity for a large quantity of client devices, with good throughput, stable connection, and robust responses to environmental changes. The WAX610 and WAX610Y Insight Managed WiFi 6 AX1800 Access Points deliver on the capacity, speed and performance demands of today’s small businesses,” Jonker added.
With updated WiFi 6 technology such as OFDMA, upstream and downstream MU-MIMO, and increased speed, coverage, and capacity, you can be confident that you are getting the highest performance WiFi for years to come. Plus, you get the assurance that you can now add more connected devices to your business WiFi network without any slowdowns or dead zones.
Small and medium organizations are now able to provide enterprise-level security without the enterprise cost. The Insight remote management solution helps with easy configuration and maintaining the security of the network.
- WPA3 for the highest level of WiFi connection security
- Eight separate SSIDs can be used for administration, employees, customers or guests and IoT devices (WiFi surveillance cameras, thermostats, door locks and sensors) with separate and secure VLANs
- Dynamic VLAN per RADIUS user assignment, a feature specially designed for businesses who use RADIUS to efficiently manage user accounts and access
Unique and advanced features in the Insight Managed devices include:
- Instant discovery and setup of your Insight Managed Wireless Access Points
- Centralized configuration of wireless networks, SSID, WiFi security and roaming policies and VLAN tie-ins with switches, ports and PoE, for efficient and secure networks
- Remote monitoring and simplified ongoing firmware management of your Insight Managed devices (WiFi, switches, routers, NAS) with performance dashboards, alerts and troubleshooting features including remote reboot
- Single pane-of-glass multi-device, multi-network, multi-site and multi-tenancy remote monitoring and notifications