By adding support for Amazon Elastic Kubernetes (Amazon EKS), a managed container service for handling applications in the cloud or on-premise, Redstor partners can eliminate complex scripting and scale customer backups simply and rapidly.
Redstor’s smart data management platform allows IT administrators of all levels – not just Kubernetes experts – to protect and recover data in minutes, including within clusters. Traditional, machine-based backups were not designed for modern, container-based applications. To recover these quickly, service providers previously had to deploy a separate Kubernetes solution to backup not only applications, but configurations, as well.
James Griffin, Chief Product Officer at Redstor, said, “There’s no longer a need to bolt together multiple solutions. And unlike other highly complex services that require error-prone scripting and aren’t multi-tenanted, our backup empowers users with easy scalability and ongoing management. There’s not even a need to switch between interfaces – Redstor provides just a single, intuitive app that minimizes tasks with intelligent automation. This all provides MSPs with the increased potential to make high margins fast at scale.”
Redstor’s support for Amazon EKS follows the success of an Azure Kubernetes Service announced last year. Purpose-built for IT service providers, Redstor enables centralised management and protection of not just containerized environments, but other legacy infrastructure, SaaS platforms, Azure machines, Google Workspace and M365 workloads.
With Redstor, service providers can:
- Manage multiple accounts with a single, multi-tenant solution, purpose-built for cloud partners to deliver an integrated backup experience with unparalleled ease of use;
- Protect backups with RedApp, a single, insightful web app accessible anywhere, anytime;
- Recover a Kubernetes environment by quickly injecting data back into an existing cluster for fast resolution of ransomware, accidental or malicious deletion or misconfiguration;
- Reap the rewards of low management overheads and a margin-rich solution that also drives cloud consumption, whether storage be with the service provider, customer or Redstor; and
- Enhance their application transformation services while also driving cloud consumption for further commercial benefits in the form of rebates and dividends.
The unveiling of the new Redstor service follows the company’s investment from Bregal Milestone, Europe’s leading capital firm dedicated to high-growth technology companies. The funding will accelerate development of Redstor’s AI-enabled platform and fuel its international expansion into the United States.