New Relic’s new Kubernetes experience helps engineers analyze application and cluster performance data
New Relic launched a new Kubernetes experience that brings together Kubernetes application and cluster performance data in a single user interface within New Relic One Application Performance Monitoring (APM), to help developers build more performant applications.
In addition to removing silos between APM and infrastructure monitoring, engineers are alerted of issues via a real-time activity stream and can correlate performance anomalies with one-click logs for faster troubleshooting. The experience is included as an essential part of the all-in-one New Relic One observability platform that allows engineers to get 3X+ more value than the competition, which requires provisioning separate SKUs with disjointed experiences and agent-based pricing models.
According to industry data from CNCF and New Relic, container and Kubernetes adoption have gone mainstream: usage has risen across organizations globally, with 93% of responding organizations using or planning to use containers in production, and 96% of respondents using or evaluating Kubernetes. However, Kubernetes does not come without challenges: developers are primarily focused on application performance, and ops professionals spend their time maintaining the performance and reliability of the underlying infrastructure — in this case, Kubernetes clusters, nodes, pods, and myriad other resources.
The lines between application and infrastructure are blurred in Kubernetes environments, and if developers cannot understand underlying cluster performance, they lose the ability to optimize their container-based applications.
New Relic’s new Kubernetes experience fills this gap by providing developers and IT operators with the following capabilities directly within New Relic One APM:
- Cohesive experience – Analyze APM and Kubernetes cluster performance data in a single, curated UI, eliminating the need to navigate between APM and Infrastructure to manually correlate data.
- Real-time activity stream – Get alerted to Kubernetes events and critical issues in real time without switching context in a real-time activity stream.
- Logs in context – View and analyze all contextual logs to isolate bottlenecks and perform correlation analysis.
- Metrics in context – View selectable metrics to correlate and investigate performance anomalies side-by-side.
- 3X+ more value – Realize higher value on your investments as compared to the competition with agent-based pricing based on New Relic One’s simple and predictable US$0.25 per GB and per-user fees.
“Kubernetes adoption continues to grow as an essential strategy to accelerate application development. With New Relic’s new Kubernetes experience, developers and engineers can correlate and analyze application golden signals against cluster resources in minutes, all in a single UI,” said Alex Kroman, SVP and Product GM at New Relic. ”Our users now have the tools to scale clusters and iterate rapidly to drive new and innovative products and services.”
New Relic’s new Kubernetes experience is now available to all full platform users of the New Relic One platform. All existing customers can access this new capability without any additional cost as part of their New Relic One account.
New customers can sign up and start using the experience for free, no credit card needed.