Sophos Delivers Mailmonitor For SMTP
Sophos, a world leader in corporate anti-virus protection, today announced the availability of Sophos MailMonitor for SMTP to detect, report and disinfect viruses in email sent via the internet’s standard protocol for email communication.
MailMonitor for SMTP scans all email before it reaches the SMTP server. If the email is virus free it is passed to the server. If virus infection is detected, the email can be quarantined, deleted or disinfected. MailMonitor can also alert administrators, recipients and senders to infected email if required.
According to ICSA Labs, a division of TruSecure Corporation, over 80 per cent of all computer viruses enter an enterprise via email systems.
“More viruses travel via internet email than ever before, underlining the importance of placing effective protection at your organisation’s gateway,” said David Mitchell, product manager for Sophos MailMonitor. “MailMonitor for SMTP adds to Sophos’s impressive product set to provide the very highest level of virus protection for SMTP servers.”
MailMonitor for SMTP incorporates Sophos’s innovative virus detection technology and can protect organisations against over 68,000 computer viruses, worms and trojan horses. The high quality of Sophos’s anti-virus protection has been consistently confirmed by independent testing bodies such as the ICSA, West Coast Labs and Virus Bulletin; convincing evidence of Sophos’s ability to defend organisations against virus attack.
MailMonitor for SMTP is currently available for the Windows NT/2000 platform and will be shortly followed by a version for the Linux operating system.
ABOUT MAILMONITOR FOR SMTP
MailMonitor for SMTP:
* Features real time scanning of email to and from an SMTP server
* Detects viruses in compressed attachments ZIP, LZH, ARJ, RAR, GZIP, TAR and CMZ archives
* Detects and disinfects viruses in attachments in incoming and outgoing email
* Can automatically alert administrators on receipt of virus infected email. Senders and recipients of infected email can also be alerted
* Comes complete with continual virus protection updates from the Sophos website, and product updates and upgrades delivered on CD ROM 12 times a year
Sophos is one of the world’s largest specialist developers of anti-virus software. The products are sold and supported through a global network of subsidiaries and partners in more than 150 countries. Sophos Anti-Virus is widely used by large corporations, banks and governments.
For further information, please visit http://www.sophos.com