New Email Protection Feature In Panda Webadmin Antivirus: The Most Advanced Web-Managed Antivirus On The Market
Panda Software has included a series of new functions in Panda WebAdmin Antivirus, the remote web-managed solution designed to armor plate the IT resources of small to mid-sized companies against attacks from all types of virus, worms and Trojans, which distinguish Panda WebAdmin Antivirus as the most advanced and complete solution of its kind.
Panda WebAdmin Antivirus (Powered by Secure Resolutions) is the only solution to protect email (SMTP, POP3 and NNTP, together with the Exchange client) and the files of all PCs and Windows file servers in corporate environments, including computers without an Internet connection and computers outside the local network, such as laptops and PCs belonging to tele-workers or to the company’s various local offices, irrespective of where they are located.
These features, combined with its state-of-the-art technology make Panda WebAdmin Antivirus the most advanced web-managed solution on the market, and Panda Software’s answer to the needs of numerous users who want this kind of functionality in an advanced product such as Panda WebAdmin Antivirus.
The entire process of installing, configuring and maintaining the software can be performed automatically via a web page (http://webadmin.pandasoftware.com) that can be accessed from any Internet-connected computer. This makes Panda WebAdmin Antivirus an ideal corporate antivirus solution offering all the advantages of remote administration and with particular benefits for SMEs that don’t want to dedicate valuable time and resources to IT security management. The web page also allows the user to view real-time reports providing information on the status of viruses and updates for all the company’s computers.
Panda WebAdmin Antivirus’s innovative features include the following:
– Unlike traditional antivirus software, it can be installed and managed over the Internet.
– It allows the management of groups of computers, and the application of different antivirus security policies to each of these.
– Ensures protection of computers outside the LAN or without an Internet connection, thanks to its advanced update technology.
– In contrast with similar corporate solutions on the market, Panda WebAdmin Antivirus is the only one to offer installation and administration over the Internet that protects email (SMTP, POP3, NNTP and Outlook) and files on workstations and Windows file servers from viruses, worms and Trojans.
– Automatic daily updates, minimizing the time spent administering the antivirus software. Update intervals can be configured depending on the company’s requirements.
– Generates up-to-the-minute reports providing information about the status of the company’s resources in terms of viruses, updates etc.
– Easier to install and manage than other corporate antivirus software, thereby reducing staff costs. Specialized installation technology means the solution can be deployed enterprise-wide in just a few minutes.
– Fully optimizes both resource consumption on protected computers and network bandwidth consumption, to deliver high performance from computing equipment and cost savings.
– Scans all types of files, including compressed files. The scanning process can easily be configured at any time, and it is even possible to run scheduled scans on any network point from the administration console.
– Fault-tolerant, communications system means that if an error occurs when updating the antivirus software, the product automatically recovers the previous version of the virus signature file, ensuring that the network is never left without virus protection.
Panda Software’s improved solution can be installed in two different ways:
– On Internet-connected computers. Via an automatically generated URL. Panda Software’s server creates an Internet address to which network users can connect in order to automatically download and update the antivirus software and install it onto their machines. This method makes it possible to implement and administer corporate antivirus policies on roaming laptops, local offices and teams of teleworkers who connect to the corporate network intermittently.
– On computers connected to the local network. This is done using the method known as “remote installation”. By selecting this option, the system administrator can view the LAN network environment and install and administer the antivirus software on all the computers on the network, including those without an Internet connection.
Panda WebAdmin Antivirus employs two technologies to ensure that antivirus protection is permanently up-to-date on each and every one of the computers on the corporate network: Distributed Server Proxy and Distributed Server File Sharing. The first of these allows the antivirus protection of computers without an Internet connection to be updated by using other computers with Internet connections as gateways. The second means that computers that have been updated can share their antivirus update files with other machines on the network. This feature reduces the consumption of corporate bandwidth.
To ensure maximum security, Panda WebAdmin Antivirus searches for updates both of the product and of the virus signatures file at startup and at regular intervals, which are extremely easy to configure.
Panda WebAdmin Antivirus is available in English, Japanese and Spanish, and includes Panda Software’s corporate technical support service: telephone or email support for the rapid solution of any incidents; daily updates to protect against new viruses; SOS Virus 24h/365d for the submission of suspicious files; and proactive information (about new viruses which have appeared, world virus status, etc.). Panda Software also offers its customers all the improvements that are incorporated into this solution, free of charge.
More information about Panda WebAdmin Antivirus can be found at http://www.pandasoftware.com
About Panda Software
Panda Software (http://www.pandasoftware.com/), a world leader in virus and intrusion prevention, offers unrivalled proactive security solutions for all types of users, from the largest corporations through small and medium-sized companies to home users. Its corporate products offer hassle-free automatic and centralized administration and provide network-wide protection, via multi-layer security technology, to ensure uniform protection across the enterprise, from remote users and workstations to mail gateways and internal and perimeter servers. Panda Software’s solutions have received awards and quality certifications from the sector’s most widely-respected organizations, including ICSA Labs and Checkmark and its commitment to customer service, innovative products, and the pioneering concept of 24h-365d tech support have revolutionized the IT security industry.