This was announced earlier today during the Infosecurity Europe 2006 conference and expo. Secure Computing Corporation announced the introduction of its SnapGear portfolio of secure Internet connectivity appliances for Small and Medium Businesses and branch offices of larger enterprises to its channel partners worldwide.
A flexible solution, SnapGear can be deployed as a stand-alone firewall, a VPN gateway, a unified threat-management appliance or as a complete, secure network-in-a-box with all of the Internet and network connectivity features normally available only in enterprise-class devices.
The SnapGear appliance line-up provides customers with a full-range of security and connectivity features that include:
- Instant ‘secure office’ capability with full Internet access
- Unified Threat Management: stateful firewall, IDS/IPS, VPN, and gateway anti-virus
- Versatility: ability to be deployed as a firewall, VPN gateway, UTM security appliance or complete network-in-a-box solution
- Employee Web access filtering & reporting with Webwasher
- Advanced high-speed platforms – true appliance technology
- Flash upgradeable technology (all models)
- Central management, failover and load balancing