Fortinet ranked no. 1 in worldwide UTM revenue for 2006
Fortinet announced that IDC research data confirms that the company ranked No. 1 for worldwide UTM revenue for 2006. Additionally, in line with Fortinet’s objectives to grow in the high-end market, IDC data confirmed that in Q4 2006, Fortinet experienced significant quarter over quarter growth in shipments of its high-end security systems.Ã‚Â Ã‚Â
Data in IDC’s Worldwide Quarterly Security Appliance Tracker, Q4 2006, which also includes data for 2006, indicated:
– Fortinet is the overall leader in UTM factory revenue for all of 2006 and Q4 2006, ahead of SonicWall, Juniper, Cisco and Crossbeam.
– Fortinet was the No. 1 vendor in the $50K-$99.9K UTM price band segment for units shipped in Q4 2006, growing significantly quarter over quarter.
– Fortinet is the No. 1 vendor in the enterprise UTM ($25K-$49K) price band segment in both factory revenue and units shipped for all of 2006 and Q4 2006
– Fortinet is the No. 1 vendor in the enterprise UTM ($10K-$24.9K) price band in terms of units shipped for all of 2006 and Q4 2006
– In Q4 2006, shipments of Fortinet’s high-end systems in the ($100K-$249.9K) price band segments for Q4 2006, grew significantly quarter over quarter.
– Fortinet also maintains a leading position in UTM in Western Europe and Asia Pacific (including Japan), based on strong revenues and success in all market segments for 2006.