Crossbeam Systems announced iBeam, a revolutionary new partner certification programme that accelerates the testing cycle for independent software vendors (ISVs) by 90% and results in unprecedented choice and compatibility of security applications for customers running Crossbeam’s UTM security switches.
Using carrier-class equipment in a highly flexible, interconnected test bed, iBeam is the industry’s first testing environment that recreates the layered, core security architectures of large enterprise and service provider networks.
iBeam’s Integration and Certification Facility (ICF) enables 100% automation of ISV application configuration and testing, versus the industry norm of 10%-20%. It combines a team of dedicated engineers with a simple process and complete resources to ensure streamlined, quality-assured application integration for both ISVs and customers.
iBeam’s common integration model ensures dependable certification of performance, high availability and Layer 2 and 3 network interoperability across all ISV applications.
“In addition to the value it brings to ISVs, iBeam delivers multiple critical benefits to end users,” said Charles Kolodgy, research director at IDC. “iBeam allows customers to optimise the high performance and availability potential of Crossbeam’s UTM platform across each ISV application, while ultimately opening the door to more application choice.”
Core elements of the iBeam certification programme include:
– Software development kit and complete documentation for porting applications to Crossbeam platforms
– Automated system for configuring and running certification tests
– Lab for scalability testing, certification and troubleshooting
– Configuration management system for storage and retrieval of test configurations and certification snapshots
– ISV Web portal for access to partner resources and the remote lab
– Dedicated business managers and partner engineers committed to ISV certification efforts
– Life cycle process with well-defined stages