IronKey recently launched Enterprise Special Edition of their secure flash drive designed for use on sensitive government, military and enterprise networks. The IronKey: Enterprise Special Edition has been designed to be the world’s most secure USB flash drive, using onboard hardware encryption to protect the gigabytes of files that can be stored on the device. No software or drivers need to be installed on your computer to use an IronKey. A password is used to unlock your IronKey, and this is verified in hardware. If an IronKey is lost or stolen, attempts to unlock or tamper with the IronKey will trigger a self-destruct sequence, ensuring data is kept confidential.
The IronKey: Enterprise Special Edition features include:
- Hardware-Encrypted USB Flash Drive: With its strong hardware AES cryptography and authentication, there is no need to install additional hardware, software or drivers.
- No Administrator Privileges Needed: Unlike many other encryption products, the IronKey does not require Administrator privileges on Windows XP or Vista.
- Designed for Enterprise Networks: The IronKey performs dynamic drive letter mapping for use in enterprise environments with network-mapped drives.
- Tamper-Resistant and Waterproof: The IronKey is designed so that it cannot be physically tampered with or disassembled by a determined hacker. The IronKey has also tested, passed, and exceeded military waterproof standards (MIL-STD-810F).
- Easy to Inventory: Each IronKey has a unique, easy-to-read serial number, making it easy for IT managers to inventory the devices.
- Assists in Regulatory Compliance: The IronKey helps organizations meet regulatory requirements such as HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley and GLBA.
- Rugged and Durable: Unlike plastic USB drives, the IronKey’s rugged metal casing is filled solid with epoxy, making it both tamperproof and waterproof.