New MIT’s Kerberos for Windows
The MIT Kerberos Development Team and Secure Endpoints Inc. announced the release of MIT’s Kerberos for Windows product, Version 3.2.2. This release requires 32-bit editions of Microsoft Windows 2000 and higher or the WOW64 environment of 64-bit editions of Microsoft Windows XP and higher.
What’s New in KFW 3.2.2:
Network Identity Manager Application
- Application window always raised when prompting for new credentials, so prompt is not obscured by other windows.
- Password entry field accepts 1024 characters.
- Add –show and –hide command line options.
- Defines a new color schema. Color values are no longer imported from the user’s desktop theme.
- Notification icon reflects status of the default identity instead of all identities.
Credential Cache API changes
- The CCAPI implementation is now compatible with Windows Terminal Server.
Kerberos v5 Library Improvements
- Based on krb5-1.6.3.
- MSLSA: ccache properly translates Unicode strings to the local ANSI character set.
- krb5_get_profile() is exported from krb5_32.dll.
- Remove the registration requirement for administrative installations when using the MSI installer.
- MSVC DLLs include DST 2007 changes.
Build system changes
- NIM Schema files can now support external file inclusion.
- Add static ordinals to DLL exports.
- krbcc credential cache api implementation can now be compiled with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005.
- Enable builds on 64 bit Windows.