Trend Micro announced Trend Micro LeakProof 3.0, the company’s first data leak prevention solution. The latest version of LeakProof, obtained through the acquisition of Provilla, Inc., educates and interacts with endpoint users so that data leaks and security threats are prevented.
Trend Micro LeakProof 3.0 features:
- Enhanced management console workflow — A new dashboard summarizes critical real-time events and provides real-time insight into enterprise-wide activity; the administrative workflow for data classification, policy management, monitoring and reporting has also been optimized.
- Discovery of data-at-rest — A new scan-only version of the LeakProof Anti-Leak Agent enables enterprises to quickly scan endpoints, including servers, for sensitive information. It also assesses the risk of data leaks before deployment of full data-in-use or data-in-motion real-time enforcement.
- Additional platform and application support — Full support for Windows Vista(TM), Office 2007 and Yahoo(TM) Messenger, enabling protection of sensitive content and filtering of these systems and applications.
- Enhanced offline policies — More flexible and granular policies enable mobile and disconnected systems to have different policy actions taken when a violation is detected while the employee is offline.
- Print-Screen (PrtSc) blocking — Prevents capturing and disseminating unauthorized screen shots of sensitive diagrams and other data.
- Configurable PC/LAN boundary filtering — Policies can now define a more restrictive filtering of sensitive data at the endpoint boundary, enabling any sensitive information leaving the PC, not just the LAN, to be filtered.