Altor Networks launched industry’s first virtual switch traffic analyzer and Virtual Network Firewall. Each system supports multi-vendor virtual platforms and is purpose-built to make virtualized datacenters more secure than their physical counterparts.
Altor’s Virtual Network Security Analyzer and Virtual Network Firewall provide unprecedented visibility into virtual switch traffic and control over virtual machines (VMs) being deployed by enterprises, government agencies and organizations in regulated industries. Altor’s VNSA and VNF solutions enable network administrators and security professionals to apply security best practices for virtual networks and help companies meet increasingly stringent HIPAA, PCI and SOX regulatory compliance requirements — at a fraction of the cost of legacy security products.
Unlike network security and monitoring solutions that are completely “blind” to inter-VM communications, Altor’s VNSA can alert datacenter administrators to security vulnerabilities and operational problems through the discovery of:
- Port scans, tunneling, insecure and unwanted protocols.
- Configuration anomalies due to external DNS and NTP access and DHCP auto-configuration errors.
- Multicast and broadcast service announcements that can erode network performance.
- Optimize VMotion/DRS by grouping VMs based on network usage.
- User defined and automated groups to monitor access to business-critical resources.
- Report generation for regulatory compliance.
Specifically built to secure inter-VM communications in highly dynamic virtual network environments, Altor’s first-of-its-kind Virtual Network Firewall uniquely enforces granular security policies that remain “attached” to individual VMs, even as they move about the datacenter. Centrally managed, the VNF supports and enforces roles-based security policies per-VM.