Check Point today announced the launch of Check Point Power-1, a new line of Internet security appliances offering high-performance sites a simple, robust, and easy to manage security solution. Power-1 appliances combine firewall, IPSec, VPN and intrusion prevention with advanced acceleration technologies, delivering a high-performance security platform for multi-Gbps environments.
Power-1 appliances provides performance up to 14 Gbps firewall throughput, delivering the most cost-efficient firewall for high performance environments – a price/performance ratio under $4 per Mbps.
With a 6.1 Gbps intrusion prevention speed, customers also gain the ability to stop application layer threats at industry-leading speeds. Consequently, organizations facing application security threats, such as worms or buffer overflows, will be able to stop them while maintaining high performance for business critical applications. Since advanced acceleration technologies are built into the software, customers can also receive performance improvements without upgrading hardware.
Multiple Power-1 appliances can be centrally managed with other Check Point security gateways through a single console, thus simplifying network security management and reducing administrative costs. The console simplifies the management of complex architectures found in high performance environments. In addition, it provides a single interface for managing firewall, VPN, and intrusion prevention as well as analytical and monitoring capabilities.
Both Power-1 models include the following security components:
- Industry-leading firewall, VPN and integrated intrusion prevention.
- High availability, load balancing, and dynamic routing for data center reliability levels.
- Security acceleration to block application-layer threats—such as worms, buffer overflows and malware—at multi-Gbps speeds.
- SmartDefense services available through subscription to protect against emerging threats.
- Web application firewall and SSL VPN can be added through licensing.
- Optional UTM capabilities, including antivirus and anti-spyware, Web filtering, Web application security, and messaging security.
Check Point Power-1 is available immediately and pricing starts at $36,500.