McAfee announced the world’s first unified approach to solving the complex Network Access Control (NAC) problem. McAfee’s Unified Secure Access approach links endpoint and network security with access control and compliance and is centrally managed by McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) software which helps organizations ease the deployment and management of NAC.
McAfee is the first to combine security, compliance and access control management, and to embed NAC into Intrusion Prevention (IPS). The solution is configurable depending upon a company’s individual requirements and includes the following components:
- McAfee Network Access Control 3.0 – A comprehensive system health and remediation solution with over 5000 standard health checks, custom assessments and support for Microsoft NAP infrastructure. McAfee Network Access Control shares its check library with McAfee’s Policy Auditor product and is included in Total Protection for Endpoint (ToPS) Advanced.
- McAfee Network Security Platform 5.1 – a powerful, high-performance intrusion prevention solution that offers the industry’s most comprehensive threat prevention.
- McAfee NAC Module for Network Security Platform – This simple software add-on to the Network Security Platform adds critical in-line enforcement as well as identity and application based access control to existing NSP deployments.
- McAfee NAC Appliance – This network-class appliance is based on the Network Security Platform’s powerful architecture and is ideal for situations that only require NAC in-line enforcement without advanced IPS features. The NAC Appliance offers a cost effective solution for all aspects of global deployments.
- ePolicy Orchestrator – complete visibility into endpoint and network risks made possible by McAfee’s centralized management console.
All products are available today, except for the McAfee NAC Appliance, planned to ship in Q109. Pricing for the McAfee NAC Appliance will be available in Q109.