Interface Masters Technologies unveiled the Niagara 2812 whose state-of-the-art active bypass capabilities ensure maximum uptime on any network-critical link.
During normal and healthy in-line appliance operation, it routes all network traffic through the in-line appliance. When it detects an appliance malfunction such as a software crash, system failure or loss of power, the in-line traffic continues to flow through the network link, but is no longer routed through the in-line device. This ensures that network devices can be removed and replaced without network downtime. Once the system is back up or the power is restored to the appliance, network traffic is seamlessly diverted back to the in-line device, allowing it to resume its critical functions.
The Niagara 2812 10Gb bypass is managed by a 64 bit MIPS controller which enables the support of a wide variety of control and management capabilities. The system provides flexible and intuitive CLI and GUI management features including secure web UI via an HTTPS connection, SSH, SNMP, e-mail notification for special events, and bypass method configuration.
Niagara 2812 provides features that are essential in today’s data centers:
- Active switching of traffic in case of system failure
- Passive Bypass which is essential during power loss
- Faster and more efficient failover capabilities
- 10 Gigabit Multi Mode (SR) and Single mode (LR) support
- Redundant power supplies for maximum reliability
- Dedicated Management Port and Console Port
- Extensive CLI and WEB based management
- SSH and HTTPS for secure Management
- Full RoHS compliance.