New Web application/XML firewall appliance
Fortinet announced the debut of a new web security appliance that provides application and XML firewalling to protect, balance and accelerate web applications, databases and the information exchanged between them. The new FortiWeb-1000B is a mid- to large-enterprise product and is the first in a family of Fortinet web application security appliances.
- Web application firewall protection leverages signature and pattern matching, parameter validation, threshold based limits, session management, flow enforcement and other technologies to prevent attacks against vulnerable web applications.
- XML firewall enforces properly formed and coded pages through XML IPS, schema validation, WSDL verification, XML expression limiting and other Fortinet-developed security technologies.
- Guarantees security of web applications and secures sensitive database content by blocking threats such as cross-site scripting, SQL injection, buffer overflows, file inclusion, denial of service, cookie poisoning, schema poisoning, and countless other attacks.
- Aides in PCI DSS 6.5 and 6.6 compliance by protecting against OWASP top 10 web application vulnerabilities and using web application firewall technology to block web-based attacks.
- Reduces deployment and management complexities by ensuring protection of all web applications regardless of code changes or additions.
- SSL and XML encryption co-processing accelerates transaction times, offloads encryption functions, and reduces web server processing requirements.
- Server load balancing and content-based routing increases application speeds, improves server resource utilization and stabilizes applications.
- Active/passive high availability support implements full configuration synchronization to ensure availability of applications.