Interface Masters Technologies introduced the Niagara 4NE-4TX and 4NE-4SFP, quad port NICs based on Intel’s 82576 Ethernet controller and equipped with Cavium Nitrox security chips.
The new 4NE-4TX and 4NE-4SFP feature copper and SFP-based connectors respectively. SFP pluggable modules support Copper 1000 base T, multi-mode fiber (SX) and single-mode fiber (LX).
Intel’s 82576 Gigabit Ethernet Controller enhances 4NE-4TX and 4NE-4SFP by providing PCI Express rev2.0 Gen 1 support, low power 2.4W operation, 16 Tx and 16 Rx Queues per port, enhanced virtualization, layer 2 & 3 security including IPSec & LinkSec, and Intel I/OAT Acceleration v3.0.
The Cavium Nitrox chip family enables 2.5Gbps (RC4+MD5) SSL throughput, 2.5Gbps (AES/3DES+SHA1) IPsec or CCMP wireless packet processing and up to 17k RSA 1024 bit exponent with CRT.
Niagara 4NE-4TX features:
- Intel 82576 Gigabit Ethernet Controller
- PCI-E x4 (Gen 2.0) compatible, 64-bit/133MHz
- Four RJ45 connectors
- Two integrated PHYs for full and half-duplex 10/100/1000 Base-T Support
- Choice of Cavium Nitrox security chips CN1605, CN1610, or CN1620
- TCP/UDP/IP checksum offload and TCP segmentation
- Low power consumption (12.3W maximum power)
- Full RoHS compliance
- EMC Certification
The Niagara 4NE-4TX and 4NE-4SFP are available for evaluation and will be in full production March of 2009, starting at $360 per unit in orders of 2000+ units.