Free smart search-engine for log data
Prism Microsystems unveiled EventTracker PULSE, a smart search-engine for log data that provides system administrators with network-wide insight for optimizing IT performance, improving availability and accelerating forensic investigations.
EventTracker PULSE automates the real-time collection and long term archival of all log data from Windows (servers and workstations), Unix/Linux, Cisco devices, applications and any syslog source.
A Google-like interface provides fast and easy searching across hundreds of gigabytes of data, allowing users to pinpoint critical data in a matter of seconds. The benefits of Log Search are limitless for operations and security. For instance, users can quickly identify root cause of service degradations or IT failures for remediation, or in the event of an internal breach, pinpoint who did what and when and plug security holes.
Unlike other free log search solutions, EventTracker PULSE is not a size limited version of an enterprise product. It offers multiple innovations to ease the search process including:
- No limit on collection and archival of log data
- Real-time collection from Windows (servers and workstations), Unix/Linux, Cisco devices, applications and any syslog source
- Compressed (>90%), secure (SHA1) storage of collected log data
- Easy to use Google-like interface with options for free-form searching using keywords, exact phrases, operators, wildcard characters or a combination of all for complex queries
- Endless refine to extract precise matches from large volumes
- Hundreds of preconfigured knowledge categories
- One-click access to the Prism KnowledgeBase for helpful descriptions on over 20,000 events
- Agent-optional architecture; centralized agent configuration.