New book: “The Art of Application Performance Testing”
Businesses in today’s world live and die by the performance of mission-critical software applications Sadly, many applications are deployed without being adequately tested for scalability and performance. Effective performance testing identifies performance bottlenecks in a timely fashion and tells you where they are located in the application landscape.
The Art of Application Performance Testing explains the complete life cycle of the testing process, and demonstrates best practices to help you plan, gain approval for, coordinate, and conduct performance tests on your applications.
With this book, you’ll learn to:
- Set realistic performance testing goals
- Implement an effective application performance testing strategy
- Interpret performance test results
- Cope with different application technologies and architectures
- Use automated performance testing tools
- Test traditional local applications, web-based applications, and web services (SOAs)
- Recognize and resolves issues that are often overlooked in performance tests
Written by a consultant with 30 years of experience in the IT industry and over 12 years experience with performance testing, this easy-to-read book is illustrated with real-world examples and packed with practical advice. The Art of Application Performance Testing thoroughly explains the pitfalls of an inadequate testing strategy and offers you a robust, structured approach for ensuring that your applications perform well and scale effectively when the need arises.