Netifera is a new modular open source platform for creating network security tools. This project provides many advantages for both security developers and researchers who want to implement new tools as well as the community of users of these tools.
- Full IPv6 support
- TCP and UDP network scanning
- Service detection
- Operating system identification
- Reverse DNS scanning
- DNS name brute forcing
- DNS zone transfer information gathering
- Geographical information about network addresses
- Authentication brute force attack (against HTTP authentication, FTP, IMAP, and POP3)
- Web crawler discovers web applications, collect email addresses and adds the web site structure to the data model
- Integrated terminal for connecting to and interacting with network services.
- Modular packet capture service
- Capture packets on multiple interfaces simultaneously
- Parse ‘pcap’ format capture files as input to sniffing modules
- HTTP traffic analysis
- DNS information gathering from captured responses
- Network stack fingerprinting
- Service detection from captured banners and protocol packets
- Client application detection
- Credential sniffing for many protocols.