Open source NAC system PacketFence 1.8.2 is out
PacketFence is a free and open source network access control (NAC) system. PacketFence is actively maintained and has been deployed in numerous large-scale institutions over the past years. It can be used to effectively secure networks – from small to very large heterogeneous networks.
PacketFence 1.8.2 is a maintenance release which focuses on stability and includes many bug fixes and several small enhancements.
Important changes since the previous release:
- enhanced integration of expire_mode and VLAN isolation (thanks to Maikel van der Roest)
- added many tests using Test::More
- correct process ID is now written into PID file by pfmon and pfredirect
- adjusted dependency checks in installer.pl and the RPM spec file
- fixed SNMPv3 createUser command
- better handling of non-english installations
- removed unused icons and HTML files from Web Admin GUI
- renamed passive mode into arp mode in configurator templates.