New line of UTM security appliances from Netgear
Just before the RSA Conference is about to open its doors, Netgear announced the ProSecure UTM family of appliances, the first line of Unified Threat Management (UTM) appliances designed for small businesses. You can find Netgear in booth #1757 at the RSA Conference this week in San Francisco.
Netgear ProSecure UTM appliances combine performance with full security coverage. Patent-pending Stream Scanning Technology enables the ProSecure UTM to employ security technologies while maintaining a high level of throughput and minimizing scanning induced latency.
Netgear has forged security technology partnerships with Commtouch, Mailshell and Sophos to bring best-of-breed Web and email security technologies to the ProSecure UTM platform. Those, combined with proven NETGEAR firewall and VPN functionality, form an effective and ideal SMB security solution.
The Netgear ProSecure UTM features and highlights:
- Best-of-Breed Anti-malware Engine from Sophos
- Netgear Stream Scanning Technology
- Distributed Spam Analysis Anti-spam Technology with Mailshell
- Hybrid In-the-Cloud Distributed Web Analysis URL Filtering in partnership with Commtouch
- Zero Hour Threat Protection
- Intrusion Prevention System
- IM and P2P Application Control
- SSL & IPsec VPN Remote Access
- Built-in VPN/Firewall.