First integrated tokenization solution for business
The nuBridges Protect Token Manager is the industry’s first data security software solution to combine universal Format Preserving Tokenization, encryption and unified key management in one platform-agnostic package. The new product is for enterprises that need to protect volumes of personally identifiable information (PII) as well as payment card numbers from theft, while reducing complexity and simplifying compliance management for data security standards and privacy laws.
Unlike traditional encryption methods where the encrypted data or “ciphertext” is stored in databases and applications throughout the enterprise, tokenization substitutes a token—or surrogate value—in place of the original data. Tokens can then be passed around the network between applications, databases and business processes safely, while leaving the encrypted data it represents securely stored in a central data vault.
nuBridges Protect Token Manager introduces a new variation of tokenization—”Format Preserving Tokenization”— that reduces security costs and lowers the risk of a data breach. With this format-preserving model, tokens that maintain the length and format of the original data can be generated for all types of sensitive customer, employee and company confidential information. This minimizes impact on existing systems because the token matches the format of the original value. nuBridges Protect Token Manager further benefits enterprises by:
- Reducing sensitive data storage footprint. By centralizing encrypted data storage in a single location within the enterprise, multiple points of risk are eliminated and security management is simplified.
- Enforcing strict 1-to-1 relationships between tokens and data values. This ensures referential integrity whenever an encrypted field is present across multiple applications and data sets, enabling data and trend analysis to continue uninterrupted.
- Maintaining internal data security control. Unlike outsourced tokenization models, the nuBridges on-premise software solution allows companies to maintain control of sensitive data and encryption key lifecycle management, including safeguarding the encryption keys that provide authorized access to protected data.
- Narrowing scope for PCI DSS audits. By limiting occurrences of encrypted data to a central vault, organizations can also reduce the number of systems, applications and processes that must comply with the Payment Card Industry’s Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and other mandates. This, in turn, reduces the time and cost required to pass annual compliance audits.
- Addressing data protection needs. This is accomplished across multiple platforms, including mainframe, distributed systems and IBM i; and multiple databases, including Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, DB2 and more.