How well does your enterprise stand up against today’s sophisticated security threats? In Security Monitoring, security experts Chris Fry and Martin Nystrom from Cisco Systems demonstrate how to detect damaging security incidents on your global network—first by teaching you which assets you need to monitor closely, and then by helping you develop targeted strategies and pragmatic techniques to protect them.
Security Monitoring offers six steps to improve network monitoring, which will help readers:
- Develop Policies: define rules, regulations, and monitoring criteria
- Know Your Network: build knowledge of your infrastructure with network telemetry
- Select Your Targets: define the subset of infrastructure to be monitored
- Choose Event Sources: identify event types needed to discover policy violations
- Feed and Tune: collect data, generate alerts, and tune systems using contextual information
- Maintain Dependable Event Sources: prevent critical gaps in collecting and monitoring events