Hitachi ID Systems released version 6.0.1 of the Hitachi ID Login Manager which takes a unique approach to single signon technology. It reduces login time by automatically filling in application login IDs and passwords for users. Instead of depending on stored passwords and scripts to determine where and when to populate login IDs and passwords, Hitachi ID Login Manager relies on password synchronization, provided by Hitachi ID Password Manager.
Hitachi ID Login Manager automatically detects applications which use the same credentials as the Windows login. Once a synchronized login prompt has been detected, its location is stored and it is automatically populated whenever it appears again.
New capabilities in version 6.0.1 include:
- Streamlined auto-detection of synchronized-with-Windows login prompts.
- Application inclusion and exclusion lists, configured by an administrator.
- Deployment and configuration using Active Directory Group Policy Objects.
- Support for a variety of new platforms
- Support for Lotus Notes, versions 6.0 through 8.5 (inclusive).
- Support for Firefox 2.x and 3.x.
- Support for Internet Explorer 8.
Release notes for Hitachi ID Login Manager 6.0.1 are available to all current and prospective customers at the support portal.