QNAP Systems introduced the SS-839 Pro Turbo NAS, the world’s smallest 8-bay, Intel Atom network attached storage solution supporting eight 2.5-inch hard drives or solid state disks (SSD).
Targeted at business users who require a storage solution of high performance, stability, scalability, low noise and low power consumption, the SS-839 Pro adopts low power Intel Atom N270 1.6GHz CPU, disk on module (DOM) architecture, and 2GB DDRII memory.
The total storage capacity of the NAS is up to 4TB. It also features 2 eSATA and 5 USB ports for storage expansion and external storage backup. The power consumption of the NAS with 8 hard drives installed is about 34W, which is almost 60% less than general 8-bay, 3.5-inch NAS. The SS-839 Pro is compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, and UNIX operating systems. It offers abundant software features such as:
- built-in iSCSI application (up to 8 iSCSI targets) with Thin Provisioning
- Online RAID Capacity Expansion
- Online RAID Level Migration
- AES 256-bit volume-based encryption
- Wake on LAN
- automatic policy-based IP blocking
- network share status report
- instant SMS and email alert
- BT download
- Touch-N-Go RAID configuration by the LCD panel
- scheduled power on and power off (max 15 schedules)
- 2 Giga LAN ports
- 4 IP cameras for network surveillance, etc.
The SS-839 Pro offers powerful diversified features, e.g. network server, FTP server, web server with built-in phpMyAdmin, Joomla, MySQL/ SQLite, editable php.ini, printer server (up to 3 printers), etc. The exclusive QPKG software expansion feature enables the users to add more software applications to the NAS server. Moreover, Surveillance Station is provided for office security monitoring.