RainbowCrack is a general propose implementation of Philippe Oechslin’s faster time-memory trade-off technique. It cracks hashes with rainbow tables.
This version focus on more effective rainbow table file format. New features:
- New compact rainbow table file format (.rtc) reduce rainbow table size by 50% to 56.25%
- New rt2rtc utility convert rainbow table from raw file format (.rt) to compact file format (.rtc)
- New rtc2rt utility convert rainbow table from compact file format (.rtc) to raw file format (.rt)
- The rcrack/rcrack_cuda program support both .rt and .rtc rainbow table file format
- Conversion from non-perfect to perfect rainbow table is supported by rt2rtc utility.