The 10.5.8 update is recommended for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac.
What’s included in this update:
- Includes latest security fixes.
- Upgrades Safari to version 4.0.2.
- Improves the accuracy of full history search in Safari 4.
- Resolves an issue in which certain resolutions might not appear in the Display pane in System Preferences.
- Dragging an Aperture image into Automator now invokes an Aperture action instead of incorrectly invoking an iPhoto action.
- Resolves an issue that could prevent importing of large photo and movie files from digital cameras.
- Improves overall Bluetooth reliability with external devices, USB webcams and printers.
- Addresses an issue that could cause extended startup times.
- Improves iCal reliability with MobileMe Sync and CalDav.
- Addresses data reliability issues with iDisk and MobileMe.
- Improves overall reliability with AFP.
- Improves overall reliability with Managed Client.
- Improves compatibility and reliability for joining AirPort networks.
- Improves Sync Service reliability.
- Includes additional RAW image support for several third-party cameras.
- Improves compatibility with some external USB hard drives.