The Linux 2.6.31 kernel adds USB 3.0 support, memory management changes that improve interactivity in desktops, readahead improvements, support for Intel’s Wireless Multicomm 3200 Wifi devices, kernel support and a userspace tool for performance counters, gcov support, a memory leak detector, a reimplementation of inotify and dnotify on top of a new filesystem notification infrastructure, support for the IEEE 802.15.4 network standard, new drivers, small improvements and fixes.
Here are the security and crypto details from the changelog:
- SELinux: Permissive domain in userspace object manager
- smack: implement logging V3
- IMA: Minimal IMA policy and boot param for TCB IMA policy
- Don’t raise all privs on setuid-root file with fE set
- aes-ni – Add support for more modes
- padlock – Enable on x86_64
- talitos – Add ablkcipher algorithms.