Linux 2.6.31 released
The Linux 2.6.31 kernel adds USB 3.0 support, memory management changes that improve interactivity in desktops, readahead improvements, support for Intel’s Wireless Multicomm 3200 Wifi devices, kernel support and a userspace tool for performance counters, gcov support, a memory leak detector, a reimplementation of inotify and dnotify on top of a new filesystem notification infrastructure, support for the IEEE 802.15.4 network standard, new drivers, small improvements and fixes.
Here are the security and crypto details from the changelog:
- SELinux: Permissive domain in userspace object manager
- smack: implement logging V3
- IMA: Minimal IMA policy and boot param for TCB IMA policy
- Don’t raise all privs on setuid-root file with fE set
- aes-ni – Add support for more modes
- padlock – Enable on x86_64
- talitos – Add ablkcipher algorithms.