AccessData announced the release of SilentRunner Sentinel, a network forensics solution that enables the forensic collection of network data at full gigabit network speed.
Sentinel collectors come preconfigured on enterprise-class and rack-optimized Dell PowerEdge R900 server. With full packet capture and reassembly and the ability to visualize network traffic, it enables the capture and analysis of both network data and host-based data for a comprehensive approach to incident response and digital investigations.
SilentRunner Sentinel delivers the following enhancements:
- Capture network traffic at full gigabit network line speeds
- Web-based interface for centralized command and control of the collection engines
- Unlimited session content capture
- Dynamic protocol/service identification means that collections are no longer port-based. They are dynamically identified by the packet information
- Simplified architecture means that significantly less hardware is required for network deployments
- Red Hat Linux-based collection platform-Å¡?â€ž?Â®a significantly more stable operating system and also a guarantee of complete packet captures
- Integration and optimization with Oracle 11g
- Improved query speed for VOIP, email and web-based reporting
- Appliance-based collectors run on Dell PowerEdge R900 servers
- Schedule tcp dump captures along with immediate hashing of the output files to ensure forensic integrity, which is useful for lawful interception at ISPs.