GFI Backup 2010 – Business Edition released
GFI Software released GFI Backup 2010 – Business Edition, suited for IT administrators who want to create a single backup/restore task and apply it across the entire network, saving time in configuring multiple tasks as well as maintaining them when a change in policy occurs.
GFI Backup is a network data backup solution which applies backup, restore and synchronization functionality to all files, web, Microsoft SQL servers and more. Using a point-and-click configuration, the software can be installed in minutes and backups created with minimal effort.
While traditional backup solutions need a separate component to configure, manage and monitor tasks, GFI Backup allows administrators to centralize all backup and restore operations – including status monitoring – via one web-based administration console interface.
The software uses standard Zip64 file format when instructed to compress and archive, allowing for data to be easily restored should the software not be installed on the machine or device required for recovery. This offers a great advantage over other backup solutions which use a proprietary compression format, effectively locking-in the user, because administrators do not need GFI Backup solution installed to recover data from backups.
Other features include:
- Supports most common hardware storage devices including internal or external hard disks, LANs, tape drives, NAS as well as remote locations using FTP with upload auto-resume
- Military-strength 256-bit AES strong encryption to ensure the protection of data
- Email and event log notifications on task success/failure/warnings
- Support for HTTPS access out-of-the-box
- Same ease of use in Workgroup or Active Directory environments
- Users can be given the ability to backup and synchronize their own files across different work machines (e.g., laptops, workstations and server.
If you’re an IT administrator, you’ll want to check out GFI LANguard, a security and vulnerability scanning tool offered as a freeware version, allowing full functionality for up to 5 IPs.