Adobe is announcing the new Acrobat X Family of Products which includes Adobe Reader X as well as Acrobat X Suite, Acrobat X Pro, and Acrobat X Standard.
Reader X is the only PDF file viewer that can open and interact with all types of PDF content, including forms and multimedia. Reader X will be available for download next month.
Building on this strong foundation, we’ve added new features in Reader X to help teams be more innovative and productive in their work. Some of these new features include the ability to:
- View and interact with PDF files that contain an even wider variety of content types, including drawings, email messages, spreadsheets, videos, and other multimedia elements.
- Make notes and share your feedback with others by marking up PDF documents using the Sticky Notes and Highlighter tools.
- Choose reading mode to fit more content on the screen or two-up mode to view page spreads. Use keyboard shortcuts like print, zoom, and find within the browser.
- Take advantage of the added security of Protected Mode in Reader, which helps ensure safer viewing of PDF files.
- Directly access online services at Acrobat.com from within Reader X. Perform common tasks such as creating PDF files, securely sharing and storing documents, and screen-sharing.
- Expanded PDF access via mobile devices with free Adobe Reader for Android, Windows Phone 7 and Blackberry Tablet OS.
Reader X will be available for download next month.