The popular online backup, file sync and sharing service Dropbox released version 1.0.0 RC of their desktop client.
Here’s what has been fixed since 0.8.114:
- Stop the Dropbox location changer widget from jumping all over the place in the tour.
- Fixed case where the Dropbox preferences window wouldn’t always become active when clicked from the menu bar on Mac OS X versions before Snow Leopard.
- New “Easy Relink” dialog in the tour. Now when you link with the same account as a previous installation you will be greeted with a fast path to configuring Dropbox. This retains your Dropbox location setting as well as your selective sync settings.
- Selective sync is optimized to finish *a lot* quicker when changing settings during initial sync.
- The Dropbox tour is now more careful about merging your dropbox with a previous installation.
- Better handling of folders which names like “.dropbox” or “Desktop.ini”, having folders with these names could cause Dropbox to spin in some syncing situations.
- Dropbox will now be more aggressive about making sure to not add duplicate entries to the Finder sidebar.
- Fix random bug that would prevent preferences to show up when you opened it for the first time at a rare point on Windows.
- Don’t enable Growl notifications for all compatible apps if you didn’t have Growl installed before installing Dropbox.
- “Move Dropbox” was broken in some cases on Windows, now should be a lot better.
- Fix the context menu not showing up sometimes on Mac OS X versions before Snow Leopard.