The Nessus vulnerability scanner features high-speed discovery, configuration auditing, asset profiling, sensitive data discovery and vulnerability analysis of an organization’s security posture. Tenable is now offering this same technology as a SaaS or hosted model for faster and easier deployments and provides 3rd party audits of Internet facing infrastructures.
The Nessus Perimeter Service is an enterprise-class remote vulnerability scanning service that can be used to audit Internet facing IP addresses for both network and web application vulnerabilities.
Subscribers can scan any number of Internet facing sites covering a wide variety of devices – desktop computers, mobile laptops, iPhones – wherever is convenient and as often as needed, all for one low flat fee.
For one flat fee, subscribers can scan as many perimeter systems as desired during their subscription period. Enterprises not only need to ensure that their perimeter is secure but need to audit other infrastructures remotely. This can easily be accomplished with the Nessus Perimeter Service without the need to deploy an additional scanner.
Other vendors in the vulnerability assessment market license their offerings on a per IP basis, which can become very costly as an organization’s infrastructure grows or security requirements change.
Other benefits subscribers will receive include:
- No need to install, deploy or maintain software
- Scans can be initiated immediately or scheduled via a simple Web browser or with the Nessus App for iPhone.
- Ability to prepare security assessments against current PCI standards
- Access to the most trusted knowledgebase in the industry that detects over 40,000 unique security checks.
- Secure, trusted third-party security audit with end-to-end encryption.