i365 launched EVault Endpoint Protection (EVault EP), an integrated cloud-connected backup, recovery, and data security solution that protects endpoint devices.
EVault EP not only automates laptop backup and recovery, but also helps you control the valuable data spread across your mobile workforce through powerful security capabilities, including local file encryption, remote data deletion, port access control and device tracing if a laptop is lost or stolen.
Laptops are ubiquitous in organizations but have a high risk of loss or theft. EVault EP allows you to lock down data on every PC and laptop, ensuring critical corporate information is secure when a device disappears. As a cloud-connected solution, endpoint data is automatically backed up to the Cloud and can easily be recovered by end users.
The solution offers policy-based centralized administration and self-service management to help IT attain that perfect balance of corporate control and end user independence.
EVault Endpoint Protection features and benefits include:
1. Endpoint data lockdown
- Keep data safe: Disk encryption and port access control shuts down data leakage.
- Track the PC down: Device tracing monitors laptop communication with the protection server.
- Wipe it clean: Remote data deletion permanently “shreds” sensitive information if a laptop has been lost or stolen (on command or by policy).
2. Worry-free backup and self-service recovery
- Continuous backups protect endpoint data without disrupting users.
- Friendly, simple interface lets end users quickly handle their own backups and recoveries without having to contact IT.
- Local availability of the backups ensures that, even when a laptop user is disconnected, EVault EP keeps working.
- Cloud-Connected solution automatically moves data offsite for business continuity and disaster protection.
3. More oversight, less overhead
- Centralized policy-based administration allows IT to deploy and manage a solution that won’t drain its resources: staffing, network, hardware or storage.
- No data block is backed up twice. Block-level incremental backups with global de-duplication minimizes bandwidth usage and storage footprint.
- Cloud solution frees up storage, compute and staffing resources.
“EVault Endpoint Protection is the next chapter of our EVault Cloud-Connected data protection story, extending protection to the very edge of the organization – the mobile worker,” said George Hoenig, vice president, product operations and services, i365. “Our customers have been struggling to find an endpoint solution that is both secure and easy to manage. EVault’s new solution protects, backs up and recovers all valued data resources – from the largest servers to the laptops used by every employee. EVault Endpoint Protection further solidifies EVault as a comprehensive, full-service, data protection solution.”