Secure access for any device with Cisco
Cisco introduced new security, management, and video solutions to its Borderless Networks portfolio to help information technology departments more efficiently manage the proliferation of mobile devices, ongoing changes in workforce habits, and the impact of video on the network.
Cisco’s Borderless Networks is an architecture that incorporates routing, switching, mobility, security and wide-area network optimization. This announcement adds several key products and services to that portfolio. They include the following:
Cisco Identity Services Engine, the centralized policy engine for the Cisco TrustSec solution, enables organizations to efficiently define and manage security policies across the organization. The Cisco ISE:
- Solves the “any device” challenge by enforcing a context-aware access security policy.
- Distinguishes between organization-owned devices and personal user devices.
- Automates security across the organization with network-enforced access policies and encryption.
- Simplifies IT operations by enabling policy definitions that mirror business rules based on user, device, application and location.
- Integrates with Cisco PrimeTM solutions for the enterprise to provide endpoint connectivity management.
Cisco has added support for ISE to the TrustSec Planning and Design Service. This service provides policy review, analysis and design expertise to help customers extend the Borderless Networks TrustSec solution throughout their network.
Cisco Prime for Enterprise enables IT departments to more effectively manage their networks and network services. Cisco Prime for Enterprise is built on a service-centric foundation and a set of common operational attributes. It delivers an intuitive workflow-oriented user experience across Cisco architectures, technologies and networks to simplify network management, improve operational efficiency, speed troubleshooting, and increase network services predictability. Key features include the following:
- Converged user and access management for wired and wireless networks provide endpoint and policy visibility for faster troubleshooting and increased operational efficiency.
- Intelligent media diagnostics are used to monitor, troubleshoot and report on Cisco TelePresence sessions and media paths via embedded network intelligence.
- Advanced analytics and optimization capabilities enable sophisticated monitoring and speed the troubleshooting of network applications and performance.
- Integrated workflows manage from the application layer down to the infrastructure, simplifying the provisioning and management of services such as Cisco EnergyWise, Cisco TrustSec and medianet optimization, reducing errors and speeding deployments.
Cisco Medianet and Video Conferencing – optimizes video delivery by embedding media and network intelligence into endpoints and network elements. Using capabilities within Cisco Medianet enables organizations to reduce costs, save time, and make better decisions for network and video application planning. Key highlights include:
- Cisco Media Services Interface and AutoConfiguration, embeds network intelligence into Cisco video endpoints so that networks and endpoints exchange information and automatically optimize configuration and performance.
- Cisco Media Monitoring on the Cisco Integrated Services Routers Generation 2, the Cisco ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Services Routers, and Cisco Catalyst Switches, which provides enhanced network visibility for video with real-time monitoring, accelerated troubleshooting, pre-deployment assessment and enhanced network decision-making.
- Cisco ISR G2 integrated video conferencing, which optimizes the quality of ad hoc video communications for branch offices, reducing wide-area network traffic for local branch office video applications.
- Medianet Readiness Assessment Service, assesses customers’ network infrastructure and its ability to successfully support rich media.
A series of new validated design guides and enhanced SBA offerings enables partners and customers to take advantage of Cisco’s best practices and system testing as they design, implement, optimize and manage their borderless network deployments.