The PCI Security Standards Council announced that PCI Awareness online training is now available. An introductory level course, the four hour training is designed for anyone interested in learning more about PCI and provides an overview of PCI security basics in a flexible online format.
Providing learning opportunities is critical to the Council’s mission of enhancing payment account data security by driving education and awareness of the PCI Security Standards. As part of a growing portfolio of training programs that help stakeholders better understand and implement the standards, PCI Awareness training now offers the unique opportunity to learn about PCI DSS, its impact and benefits across an organization and the importance of PCI compliance, in a self-paced course that covers the following topics:
- What is PCI and what it means to companies that must meet compliance with the PCI Data Security Standard
- Roles and responsibilities of the key actors in the compliance process
- How the credit card brands differ in their requirements for PCI reporting and validation
- Overview of the transaction process, including infrastructure used by organizations to accept payment cards and communicate with the verification and payment facilities
- Real world examples of PCI challenges and successes.
The new online format allows access to the knowledge base of our official PCI trainers from the comfort of the home or office.
Organizations looking to educate their employees across business functions about their role in maintaining PCI compliance are encouraged to take advantage of this course. The course may also be incorporated into an organization’s security staff development portfolio, offering up to 4 continuing professional education credits.
In addition, many security industry professional qualifications, as well as the PCI Data Security Standard itself, require organizations to provide security awareness training annually to staff. This official PCI Awareness online course is one flexible opportunity to help meet that commitment.