Trend Micro SecureCloud, the encryption service with policy-based key management, has been expanded with a new offering designed for cloud service providers, as well as encryption support for VMware vSphere environments.
The latest version:
- Allows service providers to implement an efficient and easy-to-use encryption service that helps keep sensitive data private and helps businesses meet their compliance requirements.
- Lets service providers expand customers’ access to a security suite without additional management or maintenance. SecureCloud can be hosted in a cloud provider’s environment as on-premise security add-on or incorporated as a Trend Micro managed encryption service designed to complement IaaS environments, which benefits both cloud users and providers.
- Offers encryption and key management services that give an advanced level of control over information in the cloud. Additionally, physically separating the encryption keys from the data and the service provider reduces liability while increasing segregation of duties.
- Enables businesses to safely migrate applications and data to the cloud with protection against theft or unauthorized exposure through the integration of encryption, policy-based key management, and unique server validation.
- Helps support internal governance and ensure compliance with regulations like HIPAA, HITECH, Sarbanes-Oxley, GLB and PCI DSS.
SecureCloud is available as an enterprise appliance or as a Trend Micro hosted SaaS service. Regardless of the deployment model chosen, SecureCloud protects sensitive data stored in public, private and hybrid clouds. It natively supports Eucalyptus and VMware vCloud environments, as well as leading public cloud providers like Amazon Web Services. SecureCloud has also expanded into the private data center and now supports VMware vSphere virtual environments.