Cain & Abel is a password recovery tool for Microsoft operating systems.
It allows easy recovery of various kind of passwords by sniffing the network, cracking encrypted passwords using dictionary and brute force attacks, decoding scrambled passwords, revealing password boxes, uncovering cached passwords and analyzing routing protocols.
Changes in this version:
- Added support for Licensing Mode Terminal Server connections to Windows 2008 R2 servers in APR-RDP sniffer filter.
- Added support for MSCACHEv2 Hashes (used by Vista/Seven/2008) in Dictionary and Brute-Force Attacks.
- Added MSCACHEv2 Hashes Cryptanalysis via Sorted Rainbow Tables.
- Added MSCACHEv2 RainbowTables to WinRTGen v2.6.3.
- MS-CACHE Hashes Dumper now supports MSCACHEv2 hashes extraction from Windows Vista/Seven/2008 machines and offline registry files.
- Fixed a bug (crash) in Certificate Collector with Proxy settings enabled.